Now, the research on medicinal marijuana is less due to the restrictions posed by the FDA. Many (US) states have legalized marijuana, but few have not. The research conducted on animals displayed the benefits of,
- Reduced chronic pain
- Better the symptoms of AIDS
- Multiple sclerosis
- Improved mental health
But what about marijuana for treating diabetes? The cannabis had positive effects on animals. Read the below-curated hemp guides to know more.
Diabetes and Marijuana
A research journal published by the American Alliance for Medical Cannabis outlined the following benefits of cannabis in treating diabetes,
- The anti-inflammatory property can smoothen the arterial inflammation in diabetes.
- It provides relief from restless leg syndrome that induces better sleep.
- The neuroprotective properties prevent nerve inflammation by waking up the body and brain receptors.
- It is known to stabilize blood sugars.
- The anti-spasmodic properties offer relief from muscle cramps and GI disorders.
- It can reduce blood pressure, which is crucial for diabetic patients.
Research on Correlations between Diabetes and Cannabis
A research journal published a few years ago gave the following conclusive statements of cannabis for treating diabetes.
- The users are slim with lower BMI even when they consumed high calories.
- Its chemical compounds help to control blood sugar.
- Good cholesterol and slim waistline was a common feature among pot smokers.
- The consumers had improved carb metabolism than those who don’t. Their fasting glucose rates were lower and less resistant to the insulin produced by the body, which aids in the maintenance of normal blood sugar levels.
The Natural Medicine Journal posted that based on some studies conducted by them, it lowered fasting insulin and blood glucose levels, waistlines, and maintain a healthy BMI.
Some appealing and overwhelming scientific evidence suggested that cannabis is beneficial in the treatment of glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy.
Why choose Medical Marijuana for Diabetes?
Many users believe that it consists of a linchpin, which is an endogenous cannabinoid system needed to establish and maintain human health. The marijuana supporters, therefore, endorse small and regular doses of cannabis can act as a stimulant to our healing system.
Effect of Marijuana on Diabetes
If you have multiple diabetic complications, then marijuana can pacify your pain with its anti-inflammatory properties. The risk of marijuana in the treatment of diabetes is that it can cause a rapid drop in glucose levels might put the patient’s life in danger. In a nutshell, it can reduce blood sugar levels, provide a relaxed and pain-free experience, but you have to be extra cautious.
Currently, medical establishments suggest that more extensive research is needed.
Many states ban recreational use with few exceptions, and medicinal use is slowly and steadily gaining acceptance. The laws differ from state to state and make sure that you are familiar with them before consuming.
The above hemp guides offer insights into the prospective aspects of cannabis in treating diabetes. Make a note of the state laws and obtain a physician’s prescription before consuming. Besides, the above-narrated hemp guides are handy enough to aid your dispense hemp business.